Yields approx 12 macaroons
140g eggs whites (5-6 eggs depending on the size)*
200g shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 Cup honey (melted)
Pinch of pinch or celtic salt
*you don't have to be too exact, recipe pretty forgiving
- Turn oven onto 180oC.
- Beat eggs whites until soft peaks.
- Gently heat honey until just melted.
- Mix vanilla essence, shredded coconut, salt and honey into the whipped egg whites.
- Grease or line a tray with bleach free baking paper or a silicon mat.
- Spoon mixture onto tray. Use back of spoon to pat down and shape the macaroon.
- Bake at 175oC for 12 mins (should be crispy brown underneath). If you want the tops to be a bit brown, flip the macaroons over and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Place onto a cooling rack until cool. Store in an airtight container.
Rediscovery Your Wellness - Sheryl Cook, 2016