Ingredients / Method
450g baby beetroot (if using larger ones, slice or dice once they are cooked)
1 small onion (white or red), finely chopped
3-4 bay leaves
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon fine celtic or pink salt
1. Scrub beetroot and place in a pot.
2. Cover beetroot with water and bring to boil.
3. Simmer beetroot until the skin scraps away with the tip of a spoon.
While beetroots are cooking:
4. In a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup add: apple cider vinegar, water, salt
5. Stir until salt dissolved.
Once beetroot is cooked:
4. Drain, and run under cold water to cool.
5. Use hands to slide the skin off the beetroot.
6. Rinse beet and place into jar.
7. Sprinkle in a bit of onion.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 till all beetroot are in jar.
9. Add in bay leaves.
10. Pour in apple cider vinegar mix (should completely cover beets - if not make up a bit more apple cider vinegar till covered)
Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks
Rediscovery Your Wellness - Sheryl Cook, 2017